Saturday, September 11, 2010

Shaylie Turns 10!

My Shaylie has been completely obsessed with all things Asian for the past few months. She loves to read Manga comic books, and watch Anime shows online. She has been taking Kung Fu and has been teaching herself to speak Japanese. Half the time I don't know what she is saying to me, but she bows at the end which always makes me smile. So it came as no surprise that she wanted an Asian themed birthday when she turned 10 on August 14th! It was a blast putting this party together for the my girl.

We started the party by learning some Origami folding. The girls were really good at it. We also made paper lanterns, which I did not get any pictures of, but they turned out really cute. Shaylie has several hanging in her bedroom now.
Her cake had the traditional yin yang, her name (sort of) in Chinese, and Japanese dongos. It was fun to make and tasted delish!

Our candy Sushi was a big hit and the kids went through it so fast! I could have made twice as much.

The Chinese Take-out box favors had some Japanese candy, and toys inside.

One of her favorite gifts was her Kimono "pajamas." She already had the hat. 

Shaylie and all her cute friends! Thanks for coming to our party girls! It was a blast!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Josie said...

How funny that girl is! That's a party theme I've never heard of before! Way to be creative Tonya, I'm way impressed you came up with all of that! Love the sushi, I think that would be the only sushi I would ever eat!