Thursday, January 29, 2009
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Monday, January 26, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
I also found a link to the screenplay too...not quite the same as seeing the movie but pretty close.
Hope my fellow Twilight fans enjoy!
Monday, January 19, 2009
Monday, January 12, 2009
Friday, January 9, 2009
I had the gift all wrapped up and today I headed out to go to the party. It was billed as an open house from 11-1 so I didn't want to show up too early (I don't know why) but I pulled up in front of the Lindsay's home about 11:10 and there were no cars. I thought I must be the first one after all, so I went up and knocked on the door. It took a minute to hear any noise in the house (hmm) and then Brother Lindsay unlocked (weird) and opened the door.
His hair was a little mussed (okaaay) but he smiled at me and I asked him, "Am I in the right place for the Baby Shower?"
He said, "You sure are." and he took my gift but made no move to let me in. He chatted with me for a few minutes about the wind and the leaves, and all the while I'm thinking "Okay, I know the baby is supposed to stay away from germs, but are they not letting anyone in?", then he said, "Well, thanks. I'll be sure to get this to her and let her know you came."
I finally said, "Isn't there a party?" And he finally said, "Yes, but it's tomorrow." And everything finally made sense. I told him I'd come back tomorrow then and took my gift back and went home to make sure my invitation wasn't defective.
Sure enough, the invitation said...Saturday, January 1oth from 11-1...I have no idea how I got it in my head that it was today, but all week long I've been planning for "the Baby Shower on Friday."
So, that was fun. I've been laughing at myself all day long. Now, if only I remember to go tomorrow.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Well, I had a couple days to look over my huge list of ...well, complaints, really...and it occurred to me that I am concentrating far too much on my weaknesses and not enough on the positive things in my life.
So. Instead of resolutions (which frankly I never keep anyway), I've decided to adopt a Theme for the year...a code...a Motto. I picked a Scripture that reminds me that the Lord gives us weaknesses so that we will call upon Him for Strength. The things I struggle with may seem overwhelming to me, if not impossible at times, but with the Lord's help All Things ARE Possible.
Friday, January 2, 2009
1) Support my local health care professionals. I really need to visit the back doctor, eye doctor, foot doctor, "girl" doctor, doctor doctor, and a dermatologist. This is a rollover, since I wanted to get my back dealt with last year and didn't. I might single-handedly jump start the economy with this one! But I can't put it off any longer.
2) Lighten my load. I MUST lose some weight! Normally, I'm not one to care too much (obviously) about my physical appearance...but I know a lot of my problems (see above for the jist) stem from my being so heavy. It can't be good for my body to be smothered in so much extra fattage. I'm feeling old, tired, in pain and old. This is also a perpetual resolution and I did lose about 25 lbs last year and kept it off pretty well...right up until Thanksgiving and then I put it all back on over the Holidays, just in time to be EXACTLY the same weight I was when I started last January. Yay.
3) Rediscover My Muscles! I know they're in there somewhere...my plan is to get back to the gym and make them hurt so I can be reassured that I have some. My kids are always helpful motivation in this area. The other day I jumped out of the way of a falling knife and Shaylie looked at me with big, round eyes and said, "Mom! I didn't know you could jump!" Sheesh~
4) Stress Less. My goal is to find a way to be a more soft-spoken, loving, patient person and less screaming-at-the-top-of-my-lungs, react-first-think-later, tension-headache, absorb-everyone-else's-troubles person. I honestly don't know how, but I've declared it as a goal and that has to be good for my mental health somehow.
5) Re-Create! I would like to FINISH some creative project each month this year...whether it's a painting, crochet project, story-outline, complete writing project, etc. I need to nurture this part of me...it's been a long time since I've actually seen an end product...I have a bad habit of starting things and not following through. I think this will help me feel better emotionally.
6) Tune In! I need to get back-to-basics with my Spirituality. I think sometimes I get so wrapped up in callings or family or just daily life that I neglect to take the small, necessary steps that help me stay close to Heavenly Father. Daily prayers, scripture study and Temple attendance are going to be my focus. It's been a year and a half since I've been to the Temple!!! I couldn't believe it when I did the math. How does this happen? Life gets so busy, but that's no excuse. I have a feeling that this one will be a key factor in all the others too!
Okay...so that was painful, but I honestly feel that I need to be a little harsh with myself so I don't look back at this post from 2010 and think...Wow, another wasted year. Life is short, I need to make the most of my time NOW. Wish me luck! I've got some work to do!
We had the Sabaitis, Moore, and Terry families over. Stephanie's brother was down visiting so we had the pleasure of meeting Shane, April and their two cute kids. Anissa brought her friend Craig and Taylor was with all her buddies: Kaitlan, Shaylee, and Aubrey. We played games, ate a ton of food, and toasted the New Year with Sparkling Cider! At midnight, we went outside and watched the fireworks from the First Night Celebration...we have a perfect view over Foremaster Ridge from our front yard. It was a great way to ring in the New Year!
After the party, Taylor, Shaylee and Aubrey had a sleepover. They had an all-nighter...I don't think they went to sleep until about 7am, then slept until about 11:30am.
They took a lot of cute pics...here's just a couple! I'm hoping Taylor will post more on her blog.
It was a fun night! Best friends since 1st grade...they're going to give me and Bobbie a run for our money!
You'd never know by her face here, but Kaitlan is a riot! Scott must have been taking the picture...Scott does his best to annoy Kaitlan and Kaitlan returns the favor....all in good fun!