Friday, January 2, 2009

Celebrate Good Times!

2009 blew in with a bang! We held our traditional New Year's Eve party. This has always been an annual event in my life. It grew over the years from a small celebration with my Dad, to a major reunion/party with extended family and friends. 2 years ago, we all decided it was too difficult to get everyone together in the Winter Time, but we decided to carry on down here. Unfortunately, this year I didn't get to invite everyone I wanted to (blame it on the Troubled Economic Times, I guess and the fact that I just threw a big Halloween Party!) but we got to invite a few friends from our old neighborhood and my sister, niece and mom, too.


We had the Sabaitis, Moore, and Terry families over. Stephanie's brother was down visiting so we had the pleasure of meeting Shane, April and their two cute kids. Anissa brought her friend Craig and Taylor was with all her buddies: Kaitlan, Shaylee, and Aubrey. We played games, ate a ton of food, and toasted the New Year with Sparkling Cider! At midnight, we went outside and watched the fireworks from the First Night Celebration...we have a perfect view over Foremaster Ridge from our front yard. It was a great way to ring in the New Year!








After the party, Taylor, Shaylee and Aubrey had a sleepover. They had an all-nighter...I don't think they went to sleep until about 7am, then slept until about 11:30am.

They took a lot of cute pics...here's just a couple! I'm hoping Taylor will post more on her blog.






It was a fun night! Best friends since 1st grade...they're going to give me and Bobbie a run for our money!






You'd never know by her face here, but Kaitlan is a riot! Scott must have been taking the picture...Scott does his best to annoy Kaitlan and Kaitlan returns the favor....all in good fun!








No comments: