Now that the New Year is here, I feel obliged to post some of my resolutions for 2009. I didn't do very well with last year's resolutions, which is why I'm rolling some of them over...but I think this just adds the pressure to finally get them done. I really only have one Resolution which is to Feel Better, but I'm breaking it down to several easy steps:
1) Support my local health care professionals. I really need to visit the back doctor, eye doctor, foot doctor, "girl" doctor, doctor doctor, and a dermatologist. This is a rollover, since I wanted to get my back dealt with last year and didn't. I might single-handedly jump start the economy with this one! But I can't put it off any longer.
2) Lighten my load. I MUST lose some weight! Normally, I'm not one to care too much (obviously) about my physical appearance...but I know a lot of my problems (see above for the jist) stem from my being so heavy. It can't be good for my body to be smothered in so much extra fattage. I'm feeling old, tired, in pain and old. This is also a perpetual resolution and I did lose about 25 lbs last year and kept it off pretty well...right up until Thanksgiving and then I put it all back on over the Holidays, just in time to be EXACTLY the same weight I was when I started last January. Yay.
3) Rediscover My Muscles! I know they're in there somewhere...my plan is to get back to the gym and make them hurt so I can be reassured that I have some. My kids are always helpful motivation in this area. The other day I jumped out of the way of a falling knife and Shaylie looked at me with big, round eyes and said, "Mom! I didn't know you could jump!" Sheesh~
4) Stress Less. My goal is to find a way to be a more soft-spoken, loving, patient person and less screaming-at-the-top-of-my-lungs, react-first-think-later, tension-headache, absorb-everyone-else's-troubles person. I honestly don't know how, but I've declared it as a goal and that has to be good for my mental health somehow.
5) Re-Create! I would like to FINISH some creative project each month this year...whether it's a painting, crochet project, story-outline, complete writing project, etc. I need to nurture this part of me...it's been a long time since I've actually seen an end product...I have a bad habit of starting things and not following through. I think this will help me feel better emotionally.
6) Tune In! I need to get back-to-basics with my Spirituality. I think sometimes I get so wrapped up in callings or family or just daily life that I neglect to take the small, necessary steps that help me stay close to Heavenly Father. Daily prayers, scripture study and Temple attendance are going to be my focus. It's been a year and a half since I've been to the Temple!!! I couldn't believe it when I did the math. How does this happen? Life gets so busy, but that's no excuse. I have a feeling that this one will be a key factor in all the others too!
Okay...so that was painful, but I honestly feel that I need to be a little harsh with myself so I don't look back at this post from 2010 and think...Wow, another wasted year. Life is short, I need to make the most of my time NOW. Wish me luck! I've got some work to do!
Info Mesin Kita Sumber Informasi Mesin Makanan
11 months ago