Friday, April 29, 2011

It's About Time...

Or maybe I should say it's about the lack of time. It's been 4 busy months since I last posted and it's gone by so quickly. We've had so much going on in our lives that we have all been pretty much in a blur since Christmas. The good news is that things are starting to balance out again so I feel like I can finally take a moment to catch up a bit.

Some things worth mentioning:

Taylor's foray into the World of Beauty Pageants. She competed in the Miss Washington City Princess Pageant and was selected as Most Photogenic. We were so proud of her, not only because she was the most beautiful girl there, but because she had so much fun making new friends and sharing her talents and friendship with the other girls in the show. We had fun watching them dance, sing, play the piano, and show off their beauty and grace. I'm pretty sure she will want to compete again next year. Watch out!

Shaylie playing soccer with the Washington City League. Her coaches are none other than her dad and sister, so it's been pretty much a family affair. Their team has some awesome skillz, not the least of which is Shaylie's Big Kick. She has played defender this year and whenever the ball gets anywhere near her she lets out a big Hi-Ya and boots the ball down the field. Who knew she had it in her? It's been very entertaining to see her discover her athletic abilities. Scott and Taylor are pretty great coaches too.

Taylor made the Pine View Softball team and plays RCL Soccer. Add in Shaylie's practices and games and you can see why we were having a pretty crazy time keeping up with the sports schedule this Spring. If Taylor wasn't at softball practice, she was at soccer practice and if she wasn't at a softball game, she was heading to a soccer match. It was starting to wear us all down, left her no down time in the day or time to do homework and when the pageant got thrown into the mix, it pushed us past the breaking point. Taylor decided it was too much and tendered her resignation to the Softball Team. I can't really say I regret it and I don't think she does either. I think we've all been enjoying the fact that Taylor has some spare time again.

Scott's had several train shows since Christmastime and his layouts have won some pretty impressive awards. He is quite happy with the big ribbon he brought home and the club is now planning to display all the recognitions whenever they go to a show. His latest, the Scout Expo, was fun because he got to see a lot of local people he knows...or at least they got to see him. :)

I have just finished the first year of my Master's Program in School Counseling...which means that this time next year I'll be graduating!!! I had the chance to do a Practicum at Little Valley Elementary and I enjoyed it very much. Next year, I will be putting in 600 hours for an Internship at Pine View High School. I am psyched about this since it will be Taylor's first year at the high school and I will still be working part-time at Fossil Ridge Intermediate, which is where Shaylie will be. I really love being at the schools with my girls, so next year will be fun...busy again, but fun. If this upcoming summer and school year fly by as quickly as this past year...my graduation will probably be my next post! :D

This week Taylor turned 15 years old, which is CRAZY to me! I'm freaking out that she will be in high school, driving, dating, graduating all inside of 3 years. It's going to go by in the blink of an eye, but I'm not going to think about that. Tomorrow we are having a 70's themed birthday party for her. I'll be posting pictures of some of our adventures soon.

We're all looking forward to being able to spend more time together this summer and it will be nice to have a more casual routine. The insanity will have to continue for a little bit longer, but at least we'll catch a break for a couple months. I love my family and I have to believe that all the craziness will be worth it eventually. Here's to coming up for air! Hope to post again...sooner rather than later, but I make no promises! Love to hear from you too, so post a comment if you are so inclined! :D

1 comment:

Melanie and Curtis said...

Hi Tonya. I have been thinking about you lately so it was perfect to read an update on you and your family. Good for you for getting so many things accomplished! You are an admirable woman! I so wanted to attend Taylor's pageant. I just spaced it. I am so sorry I missed it. I have been kicking myself ever since! It would have been so fun to watch her and besides, I love watching pageants! What a great girl and family! Love and miss you!!