Friday, June 19, 2009

Taylor's Flight

One of the highlights of our Lagoon trip was seeing Taylor ride on the SkyCoaster. If you've been to Lagoon or driven past, you've no doubt seen this ride. Flyers are hooked to a cable and hoisted 150 feet in the air where they pull a rip cord and free fall into a huge swinging arc over the park. We have often marvelled at the people who dared to ride it and the last time we went, Taylor begged us to let her try but there was no way I could let her. I guess it took a couple of years for me to get used to the idea! She said she wasn't even nervous and I believe her. She is such a DareDevil...I'm sure this is just the first of many extreme moments in Taylor's life. I'm so proud of her!

Here she is getting rigged out.

I LOVE the determined look on her face in this picture! This is SO Taylor.

Getting some last minute instructions on the rip cord.

She said the scariest part was walking out to this platform. It dropped out from under her and she was hanging in midair, waiting to be hauled high into the sky.



Here is the video of the Lift Off and Drop...it's not as good as I hoped. I lost her for a minute, but you can get the idea. We were all very excited!



This is the video of Taylor walking back after her flight. I love her swagger....she deserves to be proud.

1 comment:

Joe and Julianne said...

This makes my stomach turn just looking at the pictures!!! WOW Taylor you are brave