Sunday, December 26, 2010

Halloween

We had a fun Halloween this year! Lots of costumes and candy! Shaylie was a witch and cute as she can be!
 I dressed up in my Luau gear for Red Ribbon Week at school. Scott and I had fun watching Shaylie's last Halloween Parade. Next year she'll be in 6th grade (OMGsh) so we wanted to help her celebrate!
 At our ward's Trunk-or-Treat Carnival, I reprised my role as Madame YasMEANa...Misfortune Teller. I love doing this and it's always a big hit with the kids. I entice the kids into my lair and let them choose a MisFortune, which say things like, "Your nose will soon have a booger in it" or "The fleas of a thousand camels will soon infest your armpits." I love hearing the kids giggle as they walk away. So much fun! This is the fourth or fifth year that I've done this and I'm sure it won't be the last.
 Taylor decided to borrow a football jersey from a certain someone for her costume. I'm not naming names.
 Working my Gypsy magic!
 There was a cook-off at the ward party too! Scott made Chili and ended up winning "Best Overall" after the vote was tallied. He was super surprised!

 The night after Halloween we drove to a house out in Little Valley where they carve about 80 pumpkins each year. The girl is actually one that grew up in my home town, Holden. She is super creative and I love seeing what they come up with each Halloween. The girls loved seeing all the different characters. This will definitely be a new tradition for us!

No comments: