Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Updates

Life gets pretty busy and I haven't had much time to blog, but I wanted to post a quick update on a few things. Hopefully, things will slow down before long and I'll get back to a more routine schedule. 


Puppy: Cricket is doing great! She is almost housebroken. Much easier to train than BB was and so sweet. I'm glad we got her, even though some of my FB status posts may have led others to believe differently. :)  The two dogs are getting along well enough and I think BB might actually be starting to like her. 


Grad School: My application is just about complete and my GRE test is in just over two weeks!!!! I have been taking a short break from studying to indulge in a novel that I wanted to read, but I'm back at it and will be glad to have this behind me. 


Children: Taylor and Shaylie are keeping me busy as usual. Taylor's had soccer, volleyball, piano, and school activities. We had her SEOP (parent-teacher conference) today and she is doing very well. I can't believe we are talking about college and scholarships already, but the next 5 years are likely to fly by so best to be prepared.  Shaylie had a fun field trip to Staheli Farms today and invited her friend Kamryn to Activity Days. They made pumpkins and Kamryn says she'd love to go again. Shaylie still wants to take Karate, but I haven't found a place for her yet. 


Work: I'm still enjoying my job at FRIS! It is very varied and completely stress free. I am enjoying the kids and the ladies I work with...they are awesome.  It is also nice to work in a library where I have access to all kinds of wonderful reading material. So glad I made this change!


Diet: I was so excited to go shopping with my first paycheck of the year. I was in desperate need of clothing that fits me after my 75+ pound weight loss. I had never been shopping in Vegas before and was so thrilled to find some wonderful stores down there. Ashley Stewart is my new favorite store. I found some great jeans and the prices were fantastic. I also discovered the LV Outlet Mall--so many great places! We didn't even have time to look at everything I wanted to. I couldn't believe that it took me so long to head south to shop. I will definitely be going back! It is so fun to shop when clothes actually look good on you! 


My @#$! Back: Still killing me. I got a couple of Rx from my doc, but they ran out and they weren't really helping much anyway. I am going to have to Do Something soon but I'm not sure what. I found a clinic that advertised everything from chiropractic to decompression and quite a few treatments in between...so I might try them out. This can't go on forever. Other than my back, however, I am feeling better than I have in years. 


Well, that's plenty for now. I'm excited for Halloween and the holidays coming up! Fall Break will be here soon and Thanksgiving is at my house this year. Yikes. Fun times ahead...



2 comments:

Melanie and Curtis said...

That was a great update Tonya. You are a super busy and talented woman! Way to be efficient in all of the things you do. I sure hope you can find some solution for your back. You shouldn't have to live with it like that for the rest of your life. I sure love you. I too am looking forward to the upcoming holidays. Fall is my favorite!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great update on the family. Wow! 75+ !!! Way to go. I am glad you are getting the emotional and sartorial rewards of your quest. I am sorry that your back still bothers you. Just fix it, start with the easiest, most non-invasive and work your way up until it is gone. It will help to keep your amazing attitude when you aren't fighting your back.

Love, Dad