Friday, February 26, 2010

New Beginnings

Taylor, Scott and I went to the Young Women's New Beginning Program last night. I was so excited to learn about the new Personal Progress program! Taylor has been working so hard on getting her award...she is almost done, but I was excited because I'd heard that with the new program, Mom's can earn the award too! Sure enough...Kara Reid and Bishop Staheli encouraged us to earn our own Recognition Medallion along side our daughters. So I got my book and journal and I'm starting tonight! I have a ways to go to catch up with Taylor though. I can't believe how much she has been doing. I've already got a couple things under my belt as I was sort-of working on it when I was a leader a few years back, but there's so much more to do! ;)

This sort of thing is right up my alley though, so I'm thrilled to get going.  I love setting goals and making plans. I love how it really makes you think about so many different aspects of the gospel and helps you to apply them to your life in new ways...plus you get to earn pretty jewelry! Always a bonus in my book! I'd already set several goals for the year and now I'll supplement them with Gospel doctrine and be on my way!

Can't wait to see Taylor and me strutting around in our matching medallions! And then I'll get to earn it again with my Shaylie! Yay...isn't the Church awesome?  ;) We are going to ROCK this program.

No comments: