Monday, March 15, 2010

The Ides of March

I'm not even really sure what the Ides of March signifies, I think it just means the 15th, but I had to memorize a lengthy passage once from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar {Friends, Romans, Countrymen,  lend me your ear! We come to bury Caesar not to praise him...} and for some reason the day he was killed, the Ides of March, stuck with me! So...Happy Ides of March everybody!

It's hard for me to believe that it is March at all! Wasn't it just last week that I was posting about our NYE party and Christmas? And now Spring Break has come and gone. I've been reading on friends blogs about all the fun travels and activities and I have to say I am a bit green. We had a very low-key, stay-at-home kind of week and while we did get in some fun visits with Family, a trip to the Dixie Igloo, a sleepover, and a movie or two. It wasn't anything overly special! My girls have been very good to let me know that this week has been B-O-R-I-N-G!!! Oh well! What's a poor mom to do?  My mantra ever holds--Maybe next year! You gotta have something to look forward to, right?

One very exciting thing that happened over the break is that I hit my 100-pounds lost goal!! I am very excited about this. It has taken me one long year, but I am so happy to have that behind me. I have mostly posted about this on FB and on my HCGliving Blog. But I feel it's definitely worth a mention...again! I'm looking forward to being able to go shopping someday to replenish my wardrobe. I have a HUGE pile of clothes ready to go to the DI or Yard Sale...If anyone out there wears sizes 22-26, give me a call!!! I have tons of stuff that I can't wear anymore!

I am determined to have a Yard Sale as some point in the near future, but it is taking me a LOT of effort to gear up for it. The last time I did this, we had a great success, but I remember it was Big Work and this time around I have even more stuff to get rid of....so I know it needs to be done, but my heart isn't quite in it yet! If anyone has good tips for me, let me know! I need motivation! I can't wait too long though...Summer is coming and I don't want to do it in the HEAT!

So, I'm ending this long rambling post! I'm hoping for something new and exciting to blog about soon. I don't know what, but you gotta have something to look forward to, right?

1 comment:

Melanie and Curtis said...

Tonya, I just LOVE your posts. You really do need to write a book and become a famous author! YAY 100 pounds. I'm so glad that you met your goal. You just look so fabulous all the time. Way to take on a yard sale..they always remind me of Toy Story so be careful and don't give something really valuable away :)