Thursday, June 12, 2008

Split Personality

I may have started a trend in my family. Not only do I have a personal blog, but Taylor has started one and Shaylie is in the process of developing a WebShow (like a tv show but posted on a website--nothing that girl ever does is big, is it?) so now our TechFamily has split into many different blogs and it's a lot of work keeping it all going. So thetechfamily.com is still the place if you want all the Jesienouski news in one place...at least you can get to everyone's sites from there...

Personally, I have also felt split today. I've been pulled in different directions all day long and it's felt like everyone has needed me for some project or another all day long. First, Shaylie started pestering me about her Web Show. For those of you with preteens, you probably have seen iCarly on Nick...well, this is the inspiration for Shaylie's latest project. She started to tell all her friends that she was going to do a web show and asked me if she could make a set and she needed the video camera battery charged and she needed a website with flash animation,...all the usual things that 7-year olds pester their mothers for...and snacks. If you know Shay, she is relentless. To her credit, today she got the set made and, with the help of her friends and sister, filmed the first episode. Now she just needs me to find a home for it on the world wide web. Oh, and she wants to get paid...Oh well, another day.

Then Taylor and her friend Shaylee needed me to help them with their blog backgrounds, but it wasn't working properly so I had to figure out what to do to appease two grumpy, impatient 12-year-olds. Even after Shaylie went home, she was calling to get advice and help. Happy to do it, but it was in the middle of helping Scott with his project which was...

His new train layout. He always wants me to help, but I never have to help much, because he is so capable of doing it himself. He just needs me to give him some moral support and kind of hold his hand. I'm always glad of the progress...And all of this amidst the crazy everyday things like lunch, rec center, dinner, cleaning, and shopping which I actually didn't do.....

I have to admit, now that I've complained about all of this, that I don't have much to complain about. These are all the things I love about being a mom...my husband and kids are so creative and they love to take on new challenges, and I love to be a part of it all. I like that my kids inspire others to be creative and follow their lead. I'm glad they are ambitious and make their wishes into reality. I guess, like any mom, I'm of two minds...on one hand, I wish for more time and peace and quiet and on the other I like the chaos of creativity and conundrums. Like I said...Split Personality....maybe someday, I'll get a handle on what I want most...

For now, I think I'll just split.

1 comment:

ScottJez said...

So is this Shaylie's blog now and not Tonya's. Talk about a split personality.