Monday, June 30, 2008

There and Back Again and There Again

The girls had a blast at camp...visit www.thetechfamily.com for pics! We sang camp songs all the way home and both girls were full of stories. We also got to visit with Grandma J and Papa Strong on the way back. Dad gave me some precious bits of family history to go over. I've been working on my 5 Generation chart and I was missing everything on his mom's side. I also got some names that Scott was missing from Louise...Scott's grandmother. It's a start.

Taylor is already gone again...she went back to Holden with my mom. We'll catch up to her on Thursday after we send Shaylie off to Camp AGAIN...this time with her troop to Trefoil Camp. She had so much fun last week, that she is super excited to go again this week.

My 20th reunion is this weekend! Yikes!!! It doesn't seem like 20 years should be able to fly by in the blink of an eye. I will be glad to see if the years have abused all of my friends the same as me. I'm sure we're all much better for the wear and tear....on the inside if not the out. I'm on a mission over the next couple of days to find something to wear...no easy task, but there it is. I've had a new hair color and cut and I'm trying to avoid the last superficial, vain, pretentious, utterly female step...putting on fake nails. For one thing, I never wear them anyway, so it is the height of pretention. But I'm willing to do it because I'm afraid to admit it probably will bolster my confidence a bit. Weird. Whjat's a girl to do?

We'll probably come home Sunday and then next week Tay's off to Girls Camp...her first. Summer has definitely been full of adventure for the Jesienouski's this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I would be very happy to have a link on your blog. I'm looking forward to the reunion!

julie